So… what is it?
TrainYourEars EQ Edition is an ear training software designed to help you understand equalizers and frequencies like never before.
And how does it work?
It speeds up your learning process exposing you to hundreds of random equalizations you have to guess. If you are wrong, it will let you know “how wrong”, and it will let you hear both your guess and the correct answer.
In no time you will develop a frequency memory which will allow you to connect the sound you imagine in your head with the needed parameters you have to dial to get it, more quickly and easily than ever.
Interesting… can I see it?
Sure! If you haven’t done it yet, take a look at our intro video where we explain and show how the software works:
I like the idea but… why should I train?
The tools of the audio professional are hard to master. The ability to connect what is in your mind with the appropriate parameters is not an easy task. The steps involved should be:
- Listen to the actual source.
- Imagine in your mind the sound you want.
- Translation: think what tools and parameters you need to get what you have imagined.
- Go to your equipment and dial those parameters.
Sometimes people get lost in the translation step and start turning knobs without confidence. The more they work, the better they understand what those knobs really do, but it is a slow process.
People excel in this matter after many years, because it’s learned experimenting with lots of different processes applied to lots of different sources. The purpose of this training is to open your ears to what each frequency sounds like and reduce the amount of time needed to acquire this knowledge.
You will expose your ears to those “lots of different processes” applied to “lots of different sources” but in a shorter period of time. In 15 minutes you can listen to 100 random equalizations, so training every day for a few weeks is equivalent to accumulating the experience of many years.
Where does this training method come from? Did you make it up?
No, we didn’t! This method of training has been used for over 40 years, mainly in cassettes, CD’s or done manually by the teachers. We know it works and it has proven its efficiency over the years with thousands of successful engineers. But we think that despite its proven efficiency, it is not as known as it should be. That is the reason we have created this tool and are giving access to it at such a low price. We want it to be affordable for every single sound engineering student because we know how important it is.
Besides, we have designed the software to turn it in a limitless tool, way better than any cassette or CD because you can feed it with any music or sound and configure the exercises to a level of diversity and detail which wasn’t imaginable before.
We can’t place more emphasis on this method: IT JUST WORKS.
What if I am already a good engineer?
There is always room for improvement! We have designed the software so you can adjust your exercises to something that challenges you. Once you start getting good at it you can introduce changes to make it harder, train a different parameter or train a new combination of parameters. The possibilities are so limitless that it is useful from beginners to professionals or even golden ears gurus!
Besides, you can save your exercises to a file, very useful if you want to train different kinds of exercises each day. You can load them from your hard-drive and you can receive exercises from your teacher or share them with your friends.
You got me: Tell me more about the software!
The software is very intuitive and easy to use. It has 3 screens:
- Player screen: This is where you choose the source of your training, which can be:
- An audio Player to play .wav, .aiff or .mp3 files1.
- A noise generator with pink or white noise.
- A Live Input to route whatever you want, whether it is an external source to train with an iPod, radio, instrument… or an internal one using an audio router (like Soundflower) to train with your iTunes library, Spotify, Last.fm…
- Options screen: This is where you configure your exercises. You can adjust:
- A selection of different frequencies, gains, Q factors, filter types or any combination of them.
- Up to 10 bands, each one with its own parameters.
- Several options to hear between the original and processed signals, like silence or distraction sounds.
- A “Random Player” function which jumps automatically to a new song/audio each time you start a new riddle.
- Training screen: This is where you can actually train!
- Listen carefully to the original signal.
- Click on “Start” to start the riddle and listen to the equalized signal for a few seconds.
- Think about what has changed and mark your guess using the graphic equalizer.
- Click on “Solution” to see if you were right or not. If you were wrong, see if you were near or not.
- Hear and compare the correct solution with your answer to learn from it.
- Finally, click on “Reset” to start over again!
And what about people? What are they saying?
There are hundreds of people already using the software and we haven’t received a single complaint. 100% positive feedback!
If you want to read more testimonials check our See What People Think page.
Great! Can I see more screenshots?
Sure. Check these screenshots to see the player, options and different types of exercises:
If I have any question, can I contact you?
Of course! Feel free to contact us using this contact form and we will help you in any way we can.
Ok, I am sold… how do I get it?
You can click on the following button and you will be redirected to the checkout page. To guarantee maximum security we use Paymill to process payments. After it you will receive the download links and the license key in your email automatically so you don’t have to wait to start training.
Hey… wait… just some last questions, I promise!
- I don’t want to miss any news about TrainYourEars. How can I stay updated?
We have Twitter, Facebook and Google+ accounts you can subscribe to. We post the updates there, so follow us to get the latest news!
- I just love your software and I would like to promote it.
Great! Share it with your friends so they can also benefit from this kind of training.
- Yeah, yeah, but… can I earn money promoting it?
Indeed you can! We have an affiliate program so if you promote it in your blog, Twitter, Facebook, University, Academy, by email… or whatever really, then you earn the 40% of the sales you make. Even if you persuade your University/Academy and they buy a bunch of licenses you still get the 40% of that! The system is automatic and very simple to use. Please click here for more details about it.
- Actually, I want to install it on a public computer. Can I?
Yes, you can. Indeed we are more than happy to see our software being used by many people at Universities and Academies but you need to buy a “Public Use License” instead of the regular “Personal Use License”. Please click here to read more about it or to purchase one.
- Last thing… what do I need to run the software?
You can take a look at the Minimum System Requirements here:
Minimum System Requirements:
Intel OSX 10.5
800×600 display resolutionPC
Windows XP, Vista, 7
800×600 display resolution